Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fun Day Trip



Los Angeles
Today was such a fun day. Jarrell worked a long weekend, so we took an extra day off this week. A friend of Jarrell's, named Blaire, from North Carolina had recently moved to LA so we went out to visit her. On the way, I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season and it was absolutely delicious. It made me feel like fall is just around the corner.

We met Blaire at The Grove and headed to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I have never actually had a good experienec at The Cheesecake Factory, so I was a little weary, but it ended up being wonderful. I had an amazing Chinese Chicken Salad for lunch, which was massive. The kids actually behaved fairly well, minus a pretty entertaining/embarassing moment by Emery. The restaurant had two levels and we were seated at the top next to the edge where the escalator brought people up. Emery thought it would be a good idea to throw the pepper shaker over the side and it dropped 20-30 feet down. Luckily, no one was on the escalator. The pepper shaker rode it's way back up the escalator and rejoined our table thanks to a kind hostess. Needeless to say, we moved Emery after that!

There is an amazing candy store that stared in New York called Dylan's Candy Bar and much to  my delight they opened one at The Grove a couple weeks ago, so we had to stop in. The kids ended up getting suckers that were about as big as their faces. It is always so fun to spoil your kids a little.

The kids with their suckers watching the water fountain.
On the way home the kids were so cute. Emery and Moses kept tapping their suckers together and screaming, "Clink" while giggling. (If you have ever seen Despicable Me you will understand this) After a while, Emery fell asleep but kept waking her up. Moses grabbed her hand and said,"It is okay Emery, I am right here." It was the sweetest thing. He is such a good big brother and I love watching them interact together. Nothing makes me happier than my family and I am so incredibly blessed by them.

Moses comforting Emery
 

No comments:

Post a Comment