Monday, September 24, 2012

A Trip to the Candy Store

I am at the point where I have to go to my OBGYN every week now. This is exciting because it means the end is so close, but also super annoying because my doctor is always running behind. I see him fairly early in the morning, so how he gets off track, I have no idea. His nurse put him on blast this morning though and told me that his first appointment was at 8:30 and he didn't show up to work until 9:15. Must be nice. Our whole family was is tow for my appointment this morning and anyone with small children knows that waiting 5 minutes, let alone an hour, in any setting is challenging. The kids were extremely well behaved and Moses had a lot of questions about how the baby was going to come out, which took a lot of creativity and redirecting in the answers. Since the kids' morning was absorbed by the appointment we decided to reward them for their behavior.

There is a really cute local candy store that makes everything in house, so I took the kids. It was so fun to watch them press their faces up to the cases and run back and forth excitedly trying to decided what to get. They both landed on chocolate covered, sprinkle marshmallows on a stick.



After we made it home, I put the kid's down for a nap and nesting mode kicked in. I started digging through all the boxes of Emery's baby clothes and separating them into piles to be washed. I organized them by sizes and decided what could be used for the different seasons. (Emery was born in summer and Amariah will be here is fall, which is significantly colder here) After that I made a list of things that I need want. Today it really hit me how drastically our lives are about to change. I am really excited for Amariah, but am also want to make the most of out of our last couple weeks being a family of four. 

Moses and Emery were both late, so I am wondering when Amariah will be here. If you have kids, were they early or late? 



No comments:

Post a Comment