Monday, October 22, 2012

Being Home

One of the best parts about having Amariah, besides Amariah herself, is that I will be staying at home for the next two months! While I am at home, I am going to make the most of it spending as much time as possible with the kids, catching up at stuff around the house, and trying out new recipes. I have already adjusted to the slower pace and love it very much. Today Jarrell stayed with Amariah while the kids and I went on a date. It was good to be able to give them all my focus and attention. Our first stop was to pick up some hot chocolate for the slightly chilly morning. After we left the coffeehouse, we headed out on a nature walk. One of the best things about where we live is that it is conducive to all kinds of outdoor adventures.


We started our walk by talking about the seasons, particularly fall. 


Next we played a game of Which is Bigger with pinecones, sticks, leaves, rocks, etc.


Our next activity was collecting acorns so we could practice our counting.


The final stop was the playground for some free play. I love listening to my kids, they have the biggest imaginations. While we were out we went on a bear hunt, played house, had a birthday party (of course), tip toed up to a witches' house and knocked on the door, and went rock climbing up a mountain. I can't wait to see what other adventures are in store for us while I am home. 







No comments:

Post a Comment