Thursday, September 20, 2012

Books, Babies & a Prayer Request

A Collection of Current Thoughts:

*I have been reading a book called Recapture by Becky White and it is amazing. It has literally transformed my thinking regarding the hard situations in our lives. I strongly reccommend this book to anyone that is going through a divorce, can't have a child, has experienced the death of a loved one, has miscarriaged, has been abused, has poor health, or is experiencing any type of harship really. Becky is incredibly gifted at intertwining her story, the book of Ruth, and the rest of the Bible to challenge your thinking regarding what she calls the famines of your life. (Which she defines as anything we were created to need but do not have). I have the awesome privelege of working along side Becky and she is as amazing & inspirational as her book.


Her book can be purchased here.
 
*The other day Jarrell and I made a trip to the Fashion District in Los Angeles for work. It is always a blast to go down there and I will be back soon to do some personal shopping! Seriously, you can get the best deals in the world. A couple highlights of the trip were:
 
 #1- As most of you know, we finally decided on a name for Baby Peak #3
 
#2- We stopped at an outlet mall on the way back because Jarrell insited he needed new shoes. (Side Note: He didn't end up with new shoes but did end up with new skateboard wheels and bearings. I think I was switch and baited) While he was looking at shoes, I went into a store that sells baby clothes that I had never seen before called Janie and Jack. They have the most adorable clothes, but I would not recommend shopping there because the average price item (for baby clothes) is in the $40-$50 range. However, I was able to pick up this adorable shirt for $5.99. My favorite color is turquoise and I fell in love with the pattern.
 
 

 
*Moses doesn't like the name we chose for Baby Peak #3, Amariah. He said we needed a new name, but we told him it was staying Amariah. He informed me that he was going to call her, "Princess." We will see how long this lasts and how much Emery likes that idea :)
 
*Speaking of Amariah, she should be here in +/- 30 days! It is so close, I can't believe it.
 
*I can't even put into words how incredibly thankful I am for all the wonderful people in my life. This past week there were so many reminders, some big and others small, about how much the people around me care about me and my family.
 
*I am addicted to Sour Brite Crawlers right now. So good and so bad, all at the same time.
 
 
The last thing is more of a prayer request... God is moving in some really awesome ways in our family right now. Jarrell has been added onto a rotation of leading worship at our church, which is his passion, and it has been so amazing. There are some opportunities/passions that God has laid on our hearts that look really promising, so please pray that God just makes them clear for us either way.
 
 
 

 

 
 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so blessed by your friendship, praying for you. I love you friend.

    ReplyDelete