Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Cry

I cry...

Tears for the childhood that was taken from me
Tears for the scars that will never go away
Tears for the debris that still affect me today
Tears for the misplaced shame I feel
Tears for distortion of love
Tears for the destruction of life
Tears for lost hope and doubt of goodness
Tears for those who understand my pain as well as tears for those who misunderstand 
Tears for cleansing and healing 
Tears for restoration and true love

Thankful for God's Word and comfort that comes from His promises.

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away." And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. (Revelation 21:4-7 NASB)

Be gracious to me, O God, for man has trampled upon me; Fighting all day long he oppresses me. My foes have trampled upon me all day long, For they are many who fight proudly against me. When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? All day long they distort my words; All their thoughts are against me for evil. They attack, they lurk, They watch my steps, As they have waited to take my life. Because of wickedness, cast them forth, In anger put down the peoples, O God! You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book? Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call; This I know, that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, In the Lord, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me? Your vows are binding upon me, O God; I will render thank offerings to You. For You have delivered my soul from death, Indeed my feet from stumbling, So that I may walk before God In the light of the living. (Psalms 56:1-13 NASB)

For all who read this, please know I am okay. I struggle at times but find comfort in God. I desire to me honest and transparent about my life because I know that God can use if in the lives of others. Writing can be an outlet and therapeutic for me at times and this happened to be one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment