Monday, September 13, 2010

Changes

"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become." -unknown

Change. It is inevitable, necessary, hard, and growth. These are just some of the words lately I have found to describe it. I feel like I am in a constant state of transition. In some ways we all are. We are either growing to be better people or we are becoming worse people. You can't just be. Every choice, every word, every thought moves you in one of these directions. Which direction are you moving in?

I have dealt with a large amount of change in the past couple of months and I am finally sitting down to evaluate where it has led me. Thankfully, I am becoming a better person. (By the way, I do realize that is loosely defined). I have seen tremendous growth in myself over the past year, but more specifically in the past couple of months. I am more content with my circumstances, I can find joy in the midst of pain, I am more grateful for the things I do have and less aware of those things that I am lacking, I have realized how amazing the people I have in my life are and how much we truly need others, and I am more confident in who I am, not as a person, but who I am in Christ. Trust me when I say this--->I still have a lot of room to grow.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post Josie. You are a true woman of Godly character. :) Any new news on the job?? We seriously need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you girl! i'm soooo glad you're in my life so much... i just wish i wasn't gone as much as i am all the time, because then we could hang out more often. :)

    ReplyDelete