Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sewing

It all started one day when I was in Target. I really wanted to buy a pair of baby leg warmers for Emery, but I couldn't justify paying the amount of money they wanted for them. I came home and looked on the internet hoping that I could find them for less money. Instead of finding some to purchase, I found out how I could make my own. I use to sew with my mom all the time when I was little but probably hadn't sewed in 15 years. I called up my friend and asked if she would teach me the basics. From there, I have been learning things on my own. It has been fun and an outlet for me. I have some included pictures below of the things that I have done so far:

My beautiful Tu-Tu Model



The Tu-Tu


Leg Warmers

Dress


Dress Detail



Some of my friends have been encouraging me to sell my stuff through and online store or a craft site, but I am not sure that I am quite ready for that yet. However, if there is something you or someone you know wants made, I would be fine with custom orders at this point. Just email me at jdf922@cccb.edu or facebook me. I can do all the things above and also arm warmers too.




2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so proud of you. You are sooo talented!!!! I can't wait to get the leg warmers you made KP. The dress is sooo cute too!! I'm really excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your encouragement with my sewing! KP's leg warmers are suppose to be there Saturday according to the Post Office.

    ReplyDelete