Friday, June 25, 2010

In the Silence

I am so confused right now. I have never had a period of silence/unanswered prayer go this long. We, as a family, have a need (one that we have had for awhile) and every time it looks as if that need is going to be met, it falls through. I am so frustrated that every time I think of this situation I tear up. I know that God is in control, but I am struggling right now. It is so hard for me to have hope for the situation because each time a solution falls through, my hope diminishes a little bit more.

The other day I felt God working a lot on my heart about my motives. I felt Him asking If I desired Him as much as a solution for our need. That if our need was never met, would I be content and trust Him in this situation/future ones. These are tough questions and the answer is ultimately yes; however, I continually have to give this over to God. I am trying my best to learn as much from this situation as possible, to allow it to grow me, so that I may bear more fruit. I am not going to even pretend though, it is hard and I am just done with it.

What helps you through times like these? Does anyone have a situation like this, that they don't mind sharing with me. If you do please email me at jdf922@cccb.edu or Facebook message me.

4 comments:

  1. Josie,

    I miss you so much. I feel your pain as we go through a time as well as waiting on God's providence. I will be praying for you and maybe when I get back from Mexico we can talk about life... and God's providence.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie, I will be praying for you and this whole situation. You're not alone. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie

    I miss you too. I realized that I never responded to your message on FB. I have been reading about your time in Mexico. That is so awesome that your family was able to go. I would definitely love to talk to you when you get back. Thanks for your prayers.

    Love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, Thanks for your prayers and encouragement they are very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete