Sunday, March 7, 2010

Friends

TWO. The number of days this week that Moses decided to get up before 6:00 a.m. Anyone that knows me can attest to the fact that I am not a morning person, so this made these couple of days rough. However, I have had an amazing past couple of days despite this fact.

First, I saw an old friend from Michigan that I hadn't seen in a long time. He works with Wycliffe Bible Translators and was out on a trip in California, so me and another friend had lunch with him. It is always so awesome to hear how God is working in other people's lives and in different places.

Second, I met with some of the moms from church for an early lunch Saturday morning. One of the ladies husbands offered to watch Moses, so we all were without kids! I can't even tell you how refreshed I was after not having to take care of Moses for an hour and a half. I am so thankful for these group of ladies because they are all in the same place as me and I can learn from them and grow with them.

The dad who watched Moses has a daughter, Ava, who is like Moses little girlfriend. They are so sweet. Moses feeds her his cheerios, strokes her hair, holds her hand, and has even kissed her. So precious. Here is a picture of them from a couple of months ago.

I leave you with this verses:
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

No comments:

Post a Comment