Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Never Knew A Love Like This

One of the greatest joys of being a mom is seeing how much Moses loves me. It can come through a smile, a stroke of his little fingers on my face, or when he crawls in my lap, throws his head back and stares up at me. Even on the worst of days, I think about him and suddenly the problem slowly melts away. Today I snuck into his room while he took a nap (one without resistance) and just watched him. Through him, I understand God's love for me in a deeper way then I ever have.

*The picture above is one of my favorite pictures of Moses. He was about 1 month old and looked so peaceful.

One of the other greatest joys of parenthood is
watching Jarrell being a father and the relationship he has with Moses. Moses absolutely adores him and gets so excited when he hears the key turn in the door when Jarrell comes home from work. I can see so much of Jarrell's personality in Moses. They both love being around people, playing/hearing music, dancing (you should see them dancing to MJ), and are both ridicously persistent when they want something. I look forward to seeing Moses grow into the type of man that his father is. I am truly blessed that I have a godly husband who loves me and our child and would do anything for us, because I realize for a lot of women this isn't a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment