Wednesday, November 14, 2012

When Life Gives You Presents...

You take the tissue paper and make snowballs! At least that is what we did this morning in the Peak house this morning.

I was busy trying to clean and organize a closet in our house this morning. It is one of those areas that things just end up in. As of recently, it has been a jumbled mess of diapers, wipes, and lots of gift bags filled with tissue paper. I started by pulling all of the tissue paper out of the bags to discard of. There was a colorful pile sitting next to me when a moment of inspiration struck! I wadded them all into balls and placed them in a bag. I sat the kids down on the couch and told them that a huge snow storm happened, dumped out the "snow balls" and started throwing them. They quickly jumped in and our living room became a flurry of color and full of laughter. It was such a special moment, that words don't even do it justice. 

So often I can get caught up in the tasks of the day and lose focus of what is important. I am thankful that today I made the choice to stop cleaning and start playing. 

Some of our snowballs

Emery jumping over the couch to avoid being hit

In the end, I still got my organizing done :)

1 comment:

  1. what a cool reminder to take time to enjoy our children

    ReplyDelete