Thursday, August 30, 2012

Random Rainy Day Thoughts

I am sitting in my office (which for anyone who knows how often I am actually in my office, that this is a miracle) doing neverending amounts of paperwork. I have a million end month reports due by the 5th of Septmeber and for some reason unknown to me, even though we live in a technoligical society, 75% of my reports have to be done by hand. It is pouring down rain so it is kind of the perfect day to do reports because I don't want to go anywhere, anyway.

Since I have been doing paperwork all day, I have been doing a lot of thinking. Some important things, but mainly just random thoughts, so I thought I'd share them with you all (plus I need a break from what I am doing):

 As most of you know, I live in a tiny mountain community. Mountains usually come with some sort of wildlife and that is true of where I live. There are deer, bears, raccoons, mountain lions, bobcats, etc. Since a lot of the mentioned animals are predators, most people have inside pets. So this leaves me with this question...Why does someone that lives behind my house have a ROOSTER? Last time I checked, most people that live in the mountains do not have farms or a need for a rooster, especially one that wakes me up at 5am! This poor little guy may soon lose it's life to an angry bear/ person.

I absolutely can not stand pregnancy pants. I know people that love them and think that they are the most comfortable thing in the world, not me. I have only ever had one pair that I actually like and of course they ripped in an inappropriate place. They never fit well, they stretch out, and they fall down. Maybe one day I will make a line of affordable, cute, well-fitting pregnancy clothes.

Look at my cute little blessings.
Naming a child would be a whole lot easier if there were not two people involved in the process. Especially if one is really stubborn. Enough said.

I recently heard that you shouldn't think about raising kids as a duty or responsibility but that you need to think of it as managing a blessing. Sometimes managing blessings can be really hard.

Sometimes certain situations can be so overwhelming and discouraging. I have been experiencing something like that lately and when it seems like it can't get worse, I end up getting more bad news. Today I had a major realization...just laugh about. So the two other times I got more bad news, I laughed. It feels a lot better.

I never liked Coca-Cola. As soon as I finished delivering Moses, they asked me what I wanted to drink and I replied, "Coke." I continued to love it for a couple months after he was born but went back to not liking it until I had Emery (and for a couple months following) and now this baby. How weird is that? Today I drank a Coke and I loved it.

I am currently taking medication for a horrible sinus infection, but am in the midst of trying to decide if the sinus infection is as bad as the side effects of the medicine. (I would share them with you but you don't want to know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment