Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weekend Recap

So we had a great weekend off that was fun, yet interesting at the same time. We live in a small tiny mountain community. Most people use electricity to heat their houses, but up here it is propane. Since we haven't turned on our heat since March, we haven't really been watching our propane levels closely, or at all. The other night my children decided that they were going to McDonald's for dinner and even had their orders ready...I gave in. I had a long day at work, so I figure why not? (Don't judge me)  I am not a fan of McDonalds so I didn't get anything. (Mind you, our tiny mountain community is 20 minutes from anything else and we do not have a grocery store). I came home to cook a fabolous Chicken Parmesean meal for Jarrell and I. I got out all the ingredients and went to turn on the stove. All I hear is click, click, click... We ran out of propane. The people couldn't come until today. That means a lot of take out meals and no hot showers. Let me say this, after taking a couple of cold showers, I am extremely grateful for hot showers and will never take one for granted again.

Sunday was a pretty relaxing day of church and having some friends over for a microwave dinner (you have to get creative when you don't have an oven) and a movie. On Monday morning, I had a doctor's appointment. I was looking forward to this appointment because the past two weeks I've had a lot of testing done for different things like high blood pressure and a risk of gestational diabetes. Luckily, my body has seemed to figure everything out and my pregnancy appears to be back to normal.

After my appointment we headed to Disneyland. The kids were really excited and barely made it through my doctor's appointment. I can imagine when you are 2 and 3 and waiting to go to Disneyland, time goes incredibly slow. I had to mentally prepare myself to have a good attitude about Disneyland. I knew that it was going to be hot (it was 90 degrees), that it would be busier than I wanted it to be, that I would get tired from all the walking and that we were going to have to stay longer because of traffic timing. I am so happy that we went, because the kids had a blast. It is so crazy to me because we have gone so many times, but we always have a different experience. This time Moses was really into everything going on around him, and Emery met Donald Duck for the first time (who is her FAVORITE character).


 
The kids favorite thing at Disneyland. The show has only changed once in 2 1/2 years, but they love it the same each time.
 
 
 Meeting Jake, the Neverland Pirate.

 
My little Monster with the rest of the Monsters.

 
My favorite picture of the day. Emery was so happy and offered to share a Grahm Cracker with Donald. She kept kissing his beak over and over again.

 
Moses on one of the new rides at Cars Land. We were a little disappointed, because this is the only ride he was tall enough to get on. (There were lots of tears involved)


1 comment:

  1. Good Lord, I love you and your family. I think I'm going to adopt myself in.

    ReplyDelete