Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Desert

Jarrell and I have been going through a lot of different things lately and we really needed to get away. One of our professors from college recently moved to Phoenix, which isn't too far from where we live, so we decided to go visit him and his family. We didn't do too much, but it was exactly what we needed. Highlights from the trip are below (they are in no particular order):

#1-Moses loved being around other kids, even though they were all older then him. He became most attached to Colan. He followed him around everywhere and climbed right up it the chair to sit with him. Colan did so well with him and even took him to the park.

#2-Raena loved Emery. She asked to hold her. After she sat down and I placed her in her arms, she decided she was too heavy, so she wanted her on the chair next to her. It was so cute! Raena had a little toy stroller for her stuffed animals that she wanted to push Emery in. It broke my heart to tell her she couldn't.


#3-Just spending time with Mike, Dezi, and Ashley. It was great to hear about how God was working in their lives and to share about how he was working in ours. God never ceases to amaze me with how he works things out, even in the worst of situations. I left feeling encouraged about the situations that we are facing and was reassured that God will take care of them.

#4-Streetlight Phoenix. This is a ministry that Christ's Church of the Valley started and it is amazing. It is dealing with the issues of Child Sex Slavery here in America. We were able to tour the facilities (there aren't any girls there yet) and it is an experience that I won't forget. What they are doing there is amazing and I pray that God uses it in mighty ways. Check out the link I provided, it has so much information.

I left feeling refreshed and semi-ready to tackle the rest of the month. We are going to Family Camp next week, my dad is coming to visit, and we have to pack up our apartment and be moved out by the end of the month. Needless to say, my posts may be few and far between until things settle down.

2 comments:

  1. :) I'm So glad you guys came! It was so good getting to spend the time... catching up and connecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some time to experience joy and encouragement! love you!

    ReplyDelete