Monday, June 25, 2012

All the Small Things

I was reminded today how incredibly blessed I am. It wasn't some big grand revelation, it just became apparent in the really small things.

In terms of being incredibly blessed...I had today off. I love days off because that means family time. We didn't really do a whole lot, but those always end up being the most special days. Moses woke up from his nap and crawled up on my lap and cuddled with me for about a half an hour. I couldn't help but smile the whole time. He is growing up so fast and I know these are the moments that I will cherish forever, so I just let it soak in. Moses doesn't always listen and is bad sometimes, but he really is a sweet little boy who is sensitive towards his own feelings and the feelings of others.


Earlier in the day, I watched Mimi play with her baby doll Mickey Mouse. She got out the baby bath tub and bathed him, gave him a snack, got him some water, tucked him into bed, and sang to him. It was nothing incredible, but it just reminded me that she watches everything that I do. That she repeats the things that I do. That all the small things do matter to her whether or not I feel appreciated in the moment. If they didn't, she wouldn't model that level of care for Mickey.

The most favorite part of my day was watching Jarrell play with the kids. He is such a good father and has such a special relationship with the kids. He gets down on their level and is goofy. I am so thankful for such an amazing husband and father for my babies. I don't know how much basketball you all watch, but we watch a lot of basketball in our house. During the NBA finals this trend called Geek Chic was extremely apparent in all of the players. Moses and Jarrell were taking Geek Chic pictures today and they were cracking me up.



Later in the day we were able to catch up with a close friend who is incredibly special to me. I was so thankful for the opportunity to spend some time with her and watch the kids play. Like I said before, it was nothing too extraordinary but it filled my heart.


1 comment: