Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Runway All-Stars

Jarrell is out tonight so I was flipping through the DVR looking for something to watch and guess what I found?! Project Runway All Stars. I didn't even know this show existed but my DVR recorded it because it said Project Runway. At first I was skeptical because reunion  all-star shows aren't really my thing. Despite the host, the show is actually really great. Also, my favorite Project Runway designer, Mondo, is on the show. I fell in love with his designs and him as a person during his season. Tonight he said the funniest thing about another contestant's dress. She had streamers on her dress and he said, "It reminds me of Easter at a Mexican families house. It looks like a pinata. I hope her model is full of candy." I couldn't stop laughing about this.

During the show I was inspired to write a fashion post. I hope to do this at least once a week but definitely every other week. I really miss writing the fashion portion of Being True, so I decided I would incorporate that into my personal blog. We will be touching on two different trends tonight. 

#1- The high/low hem. If you are anything like me, you started seeing these all towards the end of last summer (mostly in the form of shirts). It is so true that fashion cycles around. I remember my first high/low hem piece, it was a dress. Do you ever have those moments when you look back at things that you used to wear and were like, "What was I thinking?! That would be this dress. The cut was amazing BUT it looked like someones Easter M&M's melted all over my dress. It was a pastel-swirled mess. Anyway, as far as I can tell the high/low hem will be around all spring/summer. I have already seen it in stores everywhere. I personally feel like it stands out most when it is a high/low skirt or dress. They have a tribal one at Target right now that I love. 

Here is a cute example from Free People Image
#2- Two Toned Lipstick. This is a really fun, bold take on make-up. I am not really a make-up person, but if I was you would see me doing this. Basically, you put one color of lipstick on top and a different color on the bottom. 


What do you think about these styles? Have you tried them? Will you try them?

No comments:

Post a Comment