Monday, March 14, 2011

My Front Porch Looking In

So often I get caught up in the small, insignificant things of this life and lose sight of what is really important to me. I am really working hard at taking in moments and looking at the blessings in my life and cultivating a thankful heart. Some of those moments the past couple of weeks include the following:

#1- Moses said his first full sentence. Jarrell was eating some M&M's and Moses said, "May I please have this?" I seriously couldn't believe it. We have been working on complete sentences with him for a long time and I couldn't be more proud! He also called his "Gamma" and counted to ten for her (with a little coaching).

#2-We took a hike Friday morning as a family and it was absolutely beautiful!

#3-We were able to see how a struggle of our own resulted in a formative, transformational experience in the life of a family that we met during that time of struggle.

#4-Jarrell and I attended the wedding of our friends and it was absolutely gorgeous! The whole wedding was in Spanish, so we didn't really understand much, but we were so happy to be a part of their special day.

#5-We went to Disneyland and Moses was super excited on the tram ride. He kept saying, "Mickey, YAY!" and would start clapping. Soon he had the whole cart of people saying "Yay" and clapping everytime he said Mickey! Emery had such a fun time especially on the Flying Dumbo ride.

#6-Emery's personality is starting to come through more and
more. She is such a happy little person and loves to laugh. She is scooting right along and is so close to crawling. It is amazing to watch her development compared to Moses'. They are two very different individuals.







No comments:

Post a Comment