Monday, January 24, 2011

Family+Fro Yo=Fun

My expectations of today vs. what actually happened were two completely different things. Usually this drives me crazy and throws me off, but today I embraced it for what it was and tried hard to have a good attitude. I wanted to go to the beach today with the kids but instead Jarrell and I deep cleaned our house and car and filed nanny-tax papers. Thrilling right? I do feel very accomplished though.

We decided that we needed to get out of the house for a little while so we had a nice dinner at a local restaurant. Let me say this--> when you are trying to watch what you eat, it is uber frustrating to go out to eat. There really aren't a lot of healthy options out there. Since I did so well (and worked really hard today) we decided to get some frozen yogurt from my favorite place Nubi. I got an amazing non-fat, no-sugar added Pecan Praline yogurt with some yummy fresh fruit. Isn't the purple spoon fun? There is a little outside seating area that has several waterfalls and Moses ran around splashing in the water and dancing to the music. I love the small, perfect moments like those. What type of moments make your heart smile?




1 comment:

  1. Josie, just reading about your evening made me smile. :) And that yogurt looks soooo good! <3 And again, thanks for inspiring us to clean earlier. After you text me that, I got so motivated and now our kitchen smells like fresh oranges! :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete